I know I promised a serious post, but this will probably only partially deliver. I'm still in the heat of raising support so it is a little difficult to arrange my thoughts for long enough to put together anything more than half interesting for you guys. But! The serious part is is that I am only about 800 dollars a month away from being done with support. If you feel led through prayer I would love for you to be a part of my team, just click on the little link up there (^) and it will set you right up.
The rest of the team is starting to come together and it has me completely fired up for this next year. A young, awesome married couple got to Sweden last week to begin their time of ministry with Agape Sverige (Cru, Sweden style). Their journey to the European mission field started with a strong calling from God, followed by an unsuccessful Google search and finally to the Cru STINT application. Their names are Cale and Ashley and they have a sick blog ( caleandashley.wordpress.com ). I talked shortly with Cale today and he already has 2 fika (think coffee shop with no music and about 3 times as long as anyone ever stays in America) appointments set up for tomorrow.
There are also some international campus staff that will be arriving this week for a minimum of a 3 year stay in Sweden. So you may be asking yourself, "Alex, what is the point of this post?" Well my friends I have an answer. The point of this is to simply confirm that God is sovereign and He is at work mightily both in Sweden and in America. He has raised up well over a half a million dollars in a few short (they felt much longer to us i'm sure) months to bring workers to this nation that many people mistake for Switzerland and even many more would have a tough time pointing out on a map. He has also showed up in the midst of disappointments to show His greatness and that His plans trump us and that our short perspectives often hide the meaning of the lessons He is teaching us.
Also, this is a call to prayer. First, for Cale and Ashley that they would continue to adjust well and that the fikas would be glorifying to God and that they would walk in boldness. Second, that those arriving in the next few weeks (including me) would be at peace with this transition and that our families would be comforted in knowing that our heavenly Father and our siblings in Christ are still here for us and for them as well. Finally that the Lord would continue to bring in the final parts of my support and the rest of my teams and that everyone that was involved on the STINT team would keep an open heart to what the Lord is doing in their lives regardless of where they are placed now.
I know I throw this word around a lot but God is truly AWESOME, like the literally meaning. He is the one worthy of awe because of the way He works. Thanks for stopping by guys!
In His Love,
Alex
i think one day, I'm going to post a map of Europe on my blog to show people the difference between Sweden and Switzerland. :)
ReplyDeleteI heard Sweden has great chocolate... and the Alps. ;)
ReplyDelete